Internal medicine covers a large part of human diseases and represents an essential part of practical medicine. It is the science of diseases of the internal organs and the whole body.
Features Specialist of internal diseases
- Providing primary health care services to you.
- Engaged by a health of adult patients.
- He has extensive knowledge about the complications of the disease, which can be for adults.
- Can treat not only simple of disease such as flu or fatigue, but also serious diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease or cancer.
- Duty of the specialist on the diseases of internal organs – to coordinate the work of other experts in the course of treatment.
What does the Specialist of internal diseases
The competence of the therapist’s – detection, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including upper respiratory infections, diseases of the lungs, heart, gastrointestinal tract, urogenital system, rheumatic affections.
Physicians carried diagnose and treat of acute diseases (infection, flu) and chronic (diabetes, chronic bronchitis) as well as disease prevention of the internal organs.
Common diseases that treats specialist:
• peptic ulcers;
• cystitis, colitis;
• ischemic disease;
• inflammatory processes of the digestive tract;
• sore throat, bronchitis, tracheitis;
The doctor must from the outset to work out the right treatment plan and ensure its implementation. The treatment plan includes: appointment outpatient or hospital treatment, providing patients with the right care, a clear indication of medical means to be applied, systematic checking the health and actions of treatment, the definition of the employment regime or an exemption from work.
Upon detection of the symptoms or results of analyzes that indicate on a serious illness not related to their competence, physicians usually refer patients to specialized professionals.
When to see a Internist
If you feel a unwell – Internist – this is the first doctor to whom should consult. If necessary, the Internist will appoint analyzes, recommends consultation with a specialist over a narrow profile, and develop a treatment plan.
To the doctor should contact if you have the following indispositions:
• nausea and heartburn;
• increased temperature;
• high arterial pressure;
• abdominal pain;
• pain under the shoulder blade;
• frequent headaches;
• runny nose and cough;
• sore throat;
• disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract;
• poor overall health.